Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Jupiter's Moons


I just finished one of my rare stringing projects. I was inspired by a project I saw in the December 2007 Beadwork magazine called "Geisha Necklace". Its flat coin pearls reminded me of some flat glass beads I had picked up not too long ago at Hobby Lobby. They are a wonderful swirl of yellow and orange that reminded me of storms of Jupiter. It was one of those "clicking" moments where suddenly disparate beads (that had been bought for previously unfinished projects) instantly belong together. I had some wonderful 4mm fire bicones (yellow turns to orange), an assortment of pewter spacer beads, onyx polished chips, onyx rondelles, and a large lava medallion. It turned out really cool! It reminded me of the lava flows around Hawaii's volcano or the explosive nature of Jupiter's moon, Io, so I named it "Jupiter's Moons".

1 comment:

KOSTAS said...

' ' We hope '' and we him to see shortly