Sunday, May 18, 2008

Beaded Hummingbird


I finally finished the beaded hummingbird with only a few minor glitches. I found that the modified square stitch had a tendency to leave gaps that the cotton stuffed into the body would peak through. With a little patience and time, I worked back through the holes and did my best to tie up loose ends. Overall, I think it turned out beautifully! As a finishing touch, I wired it and a beaded orchid to a miniature grapevine wreath and my mom wrapped the outer edge in ribbon. She was quite pleased with it! I am looking forward to trying it again, or maybe ordering another pattern from the author's website. She has a wonderful owl that I can't wait to try!

3 comments:

David Stokely said...

I think that is beautiful. I love hummingbirds and that is so neat.

Lisa Crone said...

Hi there and thanks for stopping by my "abeadaday" blog! I LOVE THIS HUMMINGBIRD! We are avid hummingbird watchers and think they are so awesome! I would love to see your finished product on the wreath!

You asked about the wired bracelet and you are right! If I hadn't made this to fit my wrist snugly, I think it would definitely roll around to the bottom of the wrist! The wire netting circle is close to 2 inches in diameter, very fun and the possibilities are endless! Take care!

Unknown said...

While you mentioned that you were thinking of getting the pattern from the original designer, you didn't mention the desiger or the website where to get it.
You can get it at Beaded Patterns www.beadedpatterns.com