Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Doilies Revamped




Over the last few months I have rediscovered the wonderful world of doilies through beadweaving. The inspiration was a couple of different doilies that appeared in Bead & Button magazine this year that I just fell in love with and have been working diligently on. I have altered the original pattern of the one that appeared in the June '07 addition from the simple black and turquoise pattern to a more traditional looking floral dish type pattern. I've done a couple of these now and gotten rave reviews, but keep forgetting to take pictures before I give them to their new owner. Finally I have a picture of one in progress. I have significantly altered this one from the original color pattern, so I am very pleased with its results. The piece shown below is about half way done. I'll post more pictures in time (promise!).




2 comments:

KOSTAS said...

Περιμένουμε να δούμε τις επόμενες εικόνες όπως μας υποσχέθηκες.
Μέχρι εδώ είναι θαυμάσια τα χρώματα που χρησιμοποιείς

KOSTAS said...

We wait for to see the next pictures as to us you promised.
Up to here are marvellous the colours that you use